Twilio is a cloud communication company that enables users to use standard web languages to build voice, VoIP, and SMS apps via a web API. LeadConduit supports Twilio both as a Lead Source and as a Delivery.
Twilio as a Lead Source
Twilio can be added to a flow as a Source, meaning Twilio numbers can be configured to POST data to LeadConduit from within the Twilio UI.
To add Twilio as a source, edit your flow, switch to the Sources tab, click the Add/Edit Sources button and select Twilio from the list of sources provided. Click the Update Sources button, then Save your flow.
When adding this source, the following fields will be added to your flow:
- Phone 1
- Postal Code
- Reference Code - A 34 character string that uniquely identifies this resource.
- Call Forwarded to Phone - The phone number the Twilio number is set to forward to. This information is provided via the query string in the Twilio callback URL
- Call Forwarded from Phone - This parameter is set only when a forwarded call is received, but its value depends on the caller's carrier including information when forwarding. Not all carriers support passing this information.
- Call Direction - A string describing the direction of the call. inbound for inbound calls, outbound-api for calls initiated via the REST API or outbound-dial for calls initiated by a verb.
- Call Duration -The length of the call in seconds. This value is empty for busy, failed, unanswered or ongoing calls.
- Call Status - A string representing the status of the call. May be queued, ringing, in-progress, canceled, completed, failed, busy or no-answer.
- Called Phone - The number called. The tracking number for inbound calls.
Now that Twilio is a source for your flow, navigate to the main page of your flow and select Twilio from the list of Sources in the View Posting Instructions drop down menu.
Copy the Posting URL from the Posting Instructions. You will need it in a moment.
Next, login to Twilio, switch to the Phone Numbers view and click the Phone Number you want to connect to LeadConduit. On the Configure tab, you can paste the Posting URL you copied previously into either of the following fields in the Voice section:
- A Call Comes In
- Call Status Changes
A Call Comes In
With this option, you pass the incoming call to LeadConduit first, even before it's handed off to a destination phone number, allowing you to drop unwanted calls before they arrive at your Call Center.
You'll need to select Webhook and HTTP POST from the options available.
NOTE This option by itself is incomplete. You will also need Twilio as a Delivery.
Call Status Changes
With this option, you post the call data to LeadConduit after the call.
A common scenario is to filter out calls shorter than X minutes, as they are unlikely to be good leads and only send calls to your lead system that lasted greater than X minutes. You'll need to select HTTP POST from the options provided.