You can use the LeadConduit ActiveCampaign Integration to Add a Contact to an existing List.
What you'll need to get started:
- An ActiveCampaign account
- An API Key
- A List ID
The documentation below will show you where to find the List ID and API Key.
Finding What You Need
Log into ActiveCampaign, type API into the search menu, and select ActiveCampaign API from the options.
The Account Name is the first part of the base URL. e.g. https://activeprospect47.api-us1.com
The API Key is directly below the URL
If you don't already have a list, you can create one from the Lists tab in the ActiveCampaign UI.
Once you create a list, you can click on it and the List ID will be after the parameter listid in the URL.
Configuring ActiveCampaign in LeadConduit
From the Flow Editor Steps tab, click Add Delivery and select ActiveCampaign from the list.
The integration will prompt you for an Account Name, API Key, and List ID.
Add this data to the field mapping section of the ActiveCampaign step.
Click OK and Save your Flow.
Automatically Mapped Fields
The following fields will be mapped automatically, meaning you don't need to do anything to pass them along to ActiveCampaign:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone 1
- IP Address
Manually Mapped Fields
The following fields can be mapped manually in the field mapping section:
- Field - Custom field values
- Form - Subscription form ID, to inherit redirection settings
- Instant Responders - Whether or not to set "send instant responders"
- Last Message - Whether or not to set "send the last broadcast campaign"
- No Responders - Whether or not to set "do not send any future responders"
- Org Name - ActiveCampaign organization name
- Sdate - Subscribe date for this list
- Status - Status for list contact is added to "active" or "unsubscribed"
- Tags - Tags for this contact, comma-separated
What fields does the integration return?
- Outcome - Integration outcome (success, failure, or error)
- Reason - The reason if the outcome is Error, Failure, Skip