TrustedForm clients can now claim TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads certificates. Because Facebook does not allow third-party scripts to be added to any Facebook property, the certificate that you will receive is a representation of what is seen by the user, as provided by Facebook at the time of the user’s interaction with your form.
- Getting Started
- The TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificate
- Differences between TrustedForm Certificates and TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificates
- TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Claims
- Claiming TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificates
- You must have a LeadConduit and TrustedForm account to get started with TrustedForm for Facebook.
- All accounts need an active Facebook Page connected to LeadConduit, please see Facebook: Setting Up Facebook Lead Ads to sign up to receive Facebook Lead Ads.
If you are an existing LeadConduit customer using Facebook Lead Ads and would like to use TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads, please reach out to our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to have TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads enabled.
The TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificate
TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads issues a unique Certificate of Authenticity for Facebook Lead Ads for each lead generated on Facebook and submitted to LeadConduit for claim. The certificate exposes the following information about the Facebook Lead:
- Facebook Lead Id
- A multi-page recreation of the Facebook ad, form, data collected, and consent language
- Lead Submitted Timestamp
- Facebook Page ID
- Facebook Form ID
- Facebook Ad Set
- Facebook Campaign
Differences between TrustedForm Certificates and TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificates
Facebook does not allow third-party scripts to be added to any Facebook property, so TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificates do not contain the following fields:
- the URL of the page that hosts the offer form
- the URL of the framing page, if the form was framed
- the consumer's public IP address
- the consumer's browser version
- the consumer's operating system
- a full snapshot of the HTML, images, CSS and other page assets of the offer form as seen by the consumer in the form of a video replay. The certificate does include a multi-page recreation of the Facebook version of the Ad.
While TrustedForm account holders can claim these certificates via the API, they’ll still first need to receive the cert ID using LeadConduit. Please reach out to your Client Success Manager if you are currently a TrustedForm client but do not have a LeadConduit account.
Benefits of Claiming TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificates
Making a claim imparts the following benefits:
- Verify the authenticity of a certificate Capture and deliver all appended fields that come with the certificate
- Store the certificate, including the appended fields and multi-page recreation, in the account
- Programmatic page scanning and fingerprinting
Access to the share URL, allowing others to view your certificate. See the knowledge base article "How do you share a TrustedForm certificate?"
A Note for Existing TrustedForm Clients
If you are using an existing TrustedForm claim step in LeadConduit, please be aware that TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads does not support filtering with GeoIP data, masked certificates or several other features of a standard web lead TrustedForm certificate. You can exempt TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads from this type of filtering by adding a nested rule, exempting the Facebook Lead Ads source.
Please be sure to store the certificate URL in your CRM with your Lead Ads lead data so you can access it in the future.