Firehose sends LeadConduit event data to an S3 bucket as it proceeds through each step in a flow. Once in S3, users can use the tools of their choice to run sophisticated analyses on their data to gain predictive insights or funnel the information to a data visualization platform.
Before You Begin Configuring Firehose in LeadConduit
How To Configure and Enable Firehose
- Navigate to the flow editor.
- Access the gear icon in the top right of any flow editor screen. Select the Firehose Configuration option.
- On the Enter Your Amazon Web Services Credentials screen, input your Amazon Web Services (AWS) Access Key ID and Secret Access Key. This article shows you how to find those keys. Click Continue.
- On the next screen (Specify Firehose Destination), add the bucket and prefix information. Enable Firehose via the toggle. Click Confirm.
- After clicking Confirm, the modal will close. You must still save the flow for these changes to go into effect. Once the flow is saved, all subsequent leads will be delivered to the configured S3 bucket.
What is Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
AWS provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs.
What is AWS’s Simple Storage Service (S3)?
S3 is a scalable, high-speed, web-based cloud storage service designed for online backup and archiving of data and applications on Amazon Web Services. Blocks of S3 storage are called "buckets".
Can Firehose send data to more than one S3 bucket in a single flow?
No. Each flow only delivers to one S3 bucket. Each flow in your account can, however, deliver to a different bucket. That is, Firehose configurations are specific to each flow and are therefore not global.
Will I be charged for Firehose during the beta?
No. Users won’t be charged for this feature while it’s in beta.
Do I need an AWS account to use this feature?
Are Firehose events displayed in the LeadConduit UI?
Not at this time. Users can verify that an event was sent to the S3 bucket by using the LeadConduit API and verifying within their S3 bucket. When Firehose is enabled, events will contain a Firehose: Enabled attribute.
Can I disable Firehose?
Yes. Click the gear icon and toggle Firehose enabled to off. You must then save your flow for the changes to take effect.